Friday, December 3, 2010

Do you know its Christmastime, oh yeah!

Christmas is one of my most favorite times of year. It magical and beautiful, and you get to decorate your house in bright lights and beautiful jewel tones! I love it! And yes, its also a time for family, friends and celebrating our Lord's birth. (Even though he was probably really born during springtime. But here's why we celebrate His birth in December.)

Another thing about Christmas that I love (besides baking fun goodies) is the music. I love Christmas music! I start listening to it the after Thanksgiving, and listen mostly to all Christmas tunes for the entire month of December.

There were also those songs that just meant a lot. In high school, we sang a song with the piano music being Canon in D, and the song and tune was The First Noel. My best friend Melissa and I reworked it for a piano and flute solo. She also played one year and I sang. I have so many great memories of with playing the flute or singing with my best friend accompanying me on the piano. I miss those days!

For several years in a row I would make Christmas mix CD's to give to my friends and family. There were pretty popular, and I really put a lot of thought and time into my song selection. Some of the songs were faves of mine, some were suggested by friends. But in the end, it was a great way to share my love of holiday music.

Do you have some Christmas tunes that mean a lot to you? Here are mine:

I do have a few favorite Christmas CD's: (in no particular order)
1. Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas
2. Sister Hazel - Santa's Playlist
3. Barenaked Ladies - Barenaked for the Holidays
4. Lee Ann Womack - The Season for Romance
5. Josh Groban - Noel
6. Bebo Norman - Christmas...From the Realms of Glory

I also have a few favorite Christmas songs:
1. The First Noel
2. Carol of the Bells
3. O Holy Night
4. Ave Maria
5. All I Want for Christmas is You
6. Man with the Bag
7. Baby, It's Cold Outside

And then I have the perfect Christmas mix:
1. The Amens – Brian Setzer Orchestra
2. Jesus Born on This Day – Mariah Carey
3. Frosty the Snowman – Fiona Apple
4. Jingle Bells – Brian Setzer Orchestra
5. 12 Days of Christmas – Punk Band???
6. Merry Christmas Baby – Bonnie Rait
7. Joseph’s Song?? – Mercy Me
8. Blue Christmas – Michael Buble? Brian Setzer?
9. I Pray on Christmas – Harry Connick Jr.
10. Jesus, O What a Wonderful Child – Mariah Carey
11. My Grown-up Christmas List – Michael Buble
12. Ave Maria – Rachel Lampa
13. The Merriest – June Christy
14. Let it Snow – Michael Buble
15. Count your Blessings – Diana Krall
16. Christmas, Baby Please Come Home – Mariah Carey
17. The First Noel – Jaci Valeasquez
18. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Coldplay
19. What are you Doing New Years Eve – Diana Krall
20. Auld Lang Syne – Barenaked Ladies


Sing a song of Christmas!

No comments: