Monday, September 8, 2008

Yaco Taco!

I love shrimp and I love tacos! So...I combined the two and had to eat it twice last week. Super easy and super fast!

Ingredients:
7-8 individual shrimp per person, per taco (yes, I counted them out...and I bought frozen, but already cooked shrimp that were peeled and deveined.)
salad in a bag or chopped lettuce
sour cream
salsa
chopped tomatoes (if desired)
tortilla shells (I use the low-carb ones.)
shredded cheese
ground cumin
chili powder
cajun seasoning (if desired)
4 tablespoons margarine or butter

Directions:
Thaw shrimp in warm water for about 10-15 mintues. Remove tails (if they are on). Throw in skillet with butter. Toss and melt. Season with cumin and chili powder to taste. Saute shrimp for about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and fix tacos to your hearts desire!

Side suggestions: Chips and salsa, refried beans, mexican rice. (I just had chips.)

No comments: