Orange Ginger Chicken Noodle Bowl
2 large chicken breasts, cut in chunks
3 cups cabbage, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped in large chunks
1/2 onion, chopped in large chunks
1 small can water chestnuts
2 garlic cloves chopped
1/2 box (or more) whole wheat spaghetti
1/2 bottle La Choy Orange Ginger Sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Chop all vegetables. Saute bell pepper and garlic in butter and a splash of olive oil for approximately 5-10 minutes. Once softened, add onion and saute until translucent. Set aside.
2. While bell pepper is cooking, cover the bottom of a large skillet with canola oil and heat on medium high. Pour flour and garlic powder in a bowl or Ziploc bag. Add chopped chicken, and completely coat all sides with flour mixture. Place in oil to fry chicken nuggets.
3. When chicken is completely cooked, remove from heat and place chicken on paper towels to absorb any extra oil. Set aside.
4. Boil water and cook noodles according to directions. Drain and set aside.
5. Heat a splash of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage and a few splashes of soy sauce, and cook cabbage down, about 5-8 minutes. Add water chestnuts, and cook for about 2-3 more minutes. Add remaining vegetables, chicken and orange ginger sauce. Heat over medium hit, stirring well, for about 7-8 minutes (until everything is coated with sauce and warm).
6. Toss vegetables and chicken with noodles and serve. Yields approximately 4 servings.
Suggested Sides: egg rolls or pot stickers (both can be found in your freezer section at the grocery)