Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sheri, Sheri, quite contrary....



How does your garden grow???


Well, now mine grows with rosemary, oregano, mint, parsley, cilantro and spinach!

Today's do-it-yourself, around-the-house project was to plant a herb garden in my backyard so I can harvest fresh herbs when I cook. So, I went to the county co-op (yes...I live in a small town), and bought some beautiful little plants. Then I went to Lowes to buy some plant boxes, soil and various yard tools.

Planting the garden wasn't terribly difficult, and I hope the spinach does okay in a box. Some of my friends in Fort Worth have spinach in their back yard, and talked about how wonderful it was to make fresh spinach and strawberry salads in the summer. But...apparently spinach, when planted in the ground, likes to take over and rule everything.

We'll see how my little experiment goes. I think the herbs in the pots will do just fine. And hopefully the spinach will as well because I LOVE spinach salad!


Here are some up close and personal pics of each different group.



L-R - Cilantro, cilantro, Greek oregano, mint and Italian flat leaf parsley

Spinach in a box!

My favorite herb of all.....ROSEMARY!!!

1 comment:

ellieandavasmommy said...

cute, I'm impressed! didn't know you had a green thumb?!?