Sunday, March 29, 2009

I thought I would get better...

I thought I would get better about blogging, but I really haven't. And if I weren't so "awake" right now, I probably wouldn't be sitting at the computer. (Normally I sack out early on Sundays.)

I am very excited that I did not "lose" my digital copy of the cookbook I put together. I thought I had with the move, but the I found the files tucked away in a random email. Yeah! All is not lost!

Here's a great, easy to make Italian dish that is also easy to freeze!

Triple Cheese Stuffed Manicotti

Ingredients:
1 (8-0z.) package Manicotti uncooked
½ cup chopped onion
2 coves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 (26-oz.) jar meatless pasta sauce
1 (15 or 16 oz.) Ricotta cheese
3 cups (12 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg

Directions:
Cook manicotti as package directs; drain. Preheat over to 350. in a large skillet, over medium heat, cook and stir onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in pasta sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 minutes.

Combine ricotta cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg; mix well. Stuff manicotti. Spread half the sauce on the bottom of a greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Arrange manicotti over sauce. Spoon remaining sauce over manicotti; cover.

Bake 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Uncover; top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer. Makes 4-6 servings.

Side Suggestions: Salad, bread, green beans

Wine pairing: Chianti or pinot noir

1 comment:

Jana said...

i made manicotti the other night using ready oven lasagna noodles (a recipe from the test kitchen cookbook bennett bought me) you boil water and pour it in a casserole dish. then let your noodles soak for about 5 minutes and lay them out on a clean towel. then use those for your noodles- it was really yummy.