Monday, April 6, 2009

Welcome to the Wide World of Blogs!

Cold weather out of the ordinary is far worse than months and months of cold weather, I think. When you go outside and expect temperatures in the upper 60's and lower 70's, but find it to be in the mid to lower-40's, it really catches you off guard. That's something you expect in January or February in the South, but not in April.

The weather is not what this new blog is going to be about. The new blog will be about my new adventures in a somewhat-new town with a new job and a new house and a new church...maybe I should have put new in the title. This blog is about starting over....but in a place that is cram full of memories and pictures of another time and another me.

A little over three months ago I picked up my life and headed back east to my college town. I landed the job of a lifetime doing PR & marketing for the university and alma mater that has always and forever held my devotion. It was a good move for me, and the Lord has blessed me beyond comprehension since I told that bold step outward. I know the road is long and unknown ahead, but I am very excited about where I am and where I might be going.

I do have to give a shout out for the title of this blog. I totally ripped it from the title of a song by Sarah Johns. Check her out on MySpace or iTunes. I love that song!!!

Welcome to my new blog! Since my life is far less complicated than it was in the big city, I have more time and long to get back to writing again. (As you can see, above, Josephine is totally supportive of this new venture!) Here you will read my random and insignificant musings about life in a small town. Hope you enjoy!!!

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Eph. 3:20-21

No comments: