Friday, April 17, 2009

It's finally here!!!!

For those who love the Bulldogs, you are probably very familiar with Super Bulldog Weekend, our annual spring homecoming. Yes, we love our team so much that we can't just have one homecoming a year. We have to have two!!!!

Each April, alumni, students, friends and family come home to Bullyville to celebrate the university we love so much. It has been seven years since I attended Super Bulldog Weekend, and I'm so glad I get to be right in the middle of all the festivities again!

My weekend will be full of extra fun this year because my parents, brother, and sister-in-law are joining me for the event. Since my mom, brother, and sister-in-law are fellow alumni, it will be a time for us to not only come together as a family, but also enjoy being at the university that taught us so much.

So, what are our plans for the weekend?????

Friday night - Dinner and hanging out at my house. Maybe a game of horseshoes in the backyard if we can get it in before dark.

Saturday
- Morning will be spent strolling around campus and town at various events including the Cotton District Arts Festival. Afternoon will be at Dudy Noble for the Diamond Dawgs vs. the KY Wildcats. Early evening will be at Scott Field for the Maroon and White spring scrimmage. Home to cookout and probably crash from all the excitement!

Sunday - Lazy breakfast around the house before the fam heads back to The Compound.

I am really excited about this weekend. We have been planning it for a while, and Lauren and I talked several times over the week to plan out the menu and activities. Hopefully everyone can keep up! But first, before the fun can begin...gotta make it through the work day which includes a luncheon and meeting with our board of directors. It may be SBW, but those of us who work here still have to work!

GO DAWGS!!!!

No comments: