Monday, January 25, 2010

Pumpkin Greatness!

For those that know me well, you know that:
1. I LOOOOOOVE cookies! They are a major weakness, and I try not to keep them around the house because I would eat tons of them every day. And...
2. I love pumpkin! I love pumpkin pie, I love pumpkin ice cream, I love pumpkin muffins, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin cheesecake, and pretty much pumpkin anything!

So...in light of these two loves, I made soft-baked pumpkin cookies for the first time over Christmas. Ummm....they were kinda fantastic. You should make them yourself....

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 cup pure pumpkin
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Glaze (recipe follows)

Directions
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets. COMBINE flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture.

Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets. BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Drizzle Glaze over cookies.

FOR GLAZE:COMBINE 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.

No comments: