Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'll bake you a pie from the bottom of my heart...



Have you ever seen the movie Waitress? It's really great if you ever get a chance to watch it, and it served as an inspiration for my latest dessert. I decided to make a pie today that has been passed down through my family. I think it originated with my maternal grandfather's mother. Or grandmother. So it came from either my great-grandmother or great-great-grandmother. Anyway, it's a nice, cool, refreshing AND LOW FAT summer dessert! It's super easy to make too! Enjoy!

The "My Grandmother is a really good cook" Pineapple Pie

Ingredients:
1 9 oz. container Cool Whip (Fat free)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (Fat free)
1 can angel flake coconut
1 large can crushed pineapple, drained
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. lime juice

Directions: Mix and fold in together – chill or freeze. Makes 2, 9” pies with graham cracker crust.

**Since the recipe made 2 pies, I put one in the fridge for tonight, and one in the freezer for our company that is coming later in the week.**

No comments: