Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dessert Decisions

As you know, from reading this blog, I love to cook. Holidays are especially my favorite because I get to be fun and creative with my recipes. Desserts are some of my favorites, and if the family would leave it up to me completely, I could create and entire spread of things I want to try out. People should really invite me to more holiday parties just so I get to play guinea pig with my new recipes.

So, I had Thanksgiving all figured out. I was going to make a pumpkin chocolate chip cheesecake and an assorted cookie tray which includes: double chocolate chocolate chip cookes, pumpkin cookies, and cranberry walnut white chocolate cookies. But then I was looking up cupcake photos for a work project today and discovered lemon meringue cupcakes.

OMG! GYP!

And now I'm torn...because I could imagine making these with red velvet cupcakes, my famous chocolate coconut cupcakes (I am the only one who calls them famous, but they are a crowd favorite), and pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese icing. Oh the possibilities!

I have no idea what to do! Maybe I can save the cupcake idea for Christmas. Maybe that's smart. But I want to try the lemon meringue ones NOW!!! Maybe I should make some and bring them to work....Hmmmm....

Thoughts? Feelings? Suggestions? HELP ME DECIDE!!!

Happy cooking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... cupcakes! What a great idea! I think you should go ahead and make the lemon meringue. It's different and fun. And also the pumpkin cupcakes, so you kind of have a cupcake theme going and people can choose what they like most (or both). I always do regular pumpkin pies and walnut or pecan pies every year, so this year I am making a 4 layer pumkin spice cake with cream cheese citrus frosting. Hopefully no one will be dissapointed.