Thursday, April 1, 2010

A must read...

On very rare occasions I run across a blog that I fall in love with. One that has come into my life as of late is "Joy the Baker." Her blog looks cool. She's cute. She's on twitter. And I like her posts/recipes.

Today, though, she wrote about something I have known to be true for a very long, long time. Her post, title "How To Impress A Boy with Baking" could be the story to much of my life. I won't tell you who I've made brownies for. I won't tell you who's mom I tried to win over with my hummingbird cake. I won't tell who I made the "marry me chicken" for in the past. (It didn't work, obviously. But he did like the chicken.) And I may or may not have ever made my special apple pie for a boy in the past and cut out dough shapes of his favorite athletic team to decorate the top.

One thing I will tell you, as Joy goes on to describe, is that the old saying that "the way to a man's heart is through is stomach," is totally, totally true. I mean, it doesn't even matter if you have romantic intentions or not. I can't tell you how many times I have cooked for my guy friends. Or my father. Or my brother. Or a boss. (Can you say Randal and the banana bread? Or the brownies I brougth to work this morning?) Preparing something homemade for a man just helps you win them over! Fact!

I applaud Joy the Baker for her post. It had me rolling! I really was great!

Do any of you have a no-fail-win-over-your-man-dish? If so, you probably need to share it with me since I'm still single. I mean, I'm a good cook. But apparently I am not baking for the right men. : )

Happy cooking!

No comments: