Friday, March 19, 2010

Five O'Clock Friday

I'm sorry that I don't have a recipe today for 5 O'clock Friday. Maybe because its 9:00 am, and I'm just not interested in anything right now but coffee. However, I did stumble across a French 75 on a blog I follow this morning. That can be your recipe for today!

On today's episode...addition...post...I would like to talk about tonight's after work plans. You see, tonight is very special. My dear friends, KJ and Jake, are coming to visit on their way between GA and TX. Yes, technically, my home is out of the way. But not THAT far out of the way, and its a place for them to stop for free to break up the drive.

Tonight I plan on taking them to Oby's, a local eatery that is very famous in my hometown. I remember always eating here when I was a kid and we came up for football games. Oby's was the cause of probably half of the freshman 15 for me and my friends. Its one of those places in town that really epitomizes local cuisine.

After dinner, who knows. Maybe my friends will want to sample the local "night life." Or maybe not. Maybe we will just go home, sit in the backyard around the fire pit (yes, I have one...finally), drink wine/beer, and enjoy each other's company. I'll leave that up to them. All I know is that come 5:00 this Friday, I will be spending it with great friends. There's no better "recipe" for a good time than that!

How cheesy am I????

1 comment:

kjlangford said...

not cheesy at all! We're excited to see you... unfortunately that means I have to pack...