Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Designer woes....

I need new headers for both of my blogs. If I weren't frugal and trying to save up for a massive vacation this summer, I might pay someone to design them for me. But, alas, money does not grow on trees...or at least any of the trees in my yard.

You would think, as a marketing and public relations professional who oversees design work every day, that I would do my own. But, my confidence in my design skills has completely dwindled since I began work with one of the most talented graphic designers in the area. (Yes, she really is THAT good. Of course, her education and training is in graphic design, and mine is in PR. Which means I have about 1/8 of the design background she does.)

I know, I know...still...I should utilize the minimal skillz I have and design my own blog logos/headers. Its just so much pressure, and I'm such a perfections when it comes to things like this. I just need to bite the bullet and do it though. Maybe I will this weekend....between the yard work and sitting around watching TV. (I live the most exciting life EVER!) We will see...

I think my biggest problem is finding the perfect font and picking the colors that I want. I'm thinking the other blog needs to change from the bright pink to something more subtle. And then after the fonts, its a matter of me figuring out what to include image wise. I can't just slap some stuff together, after all. Remember...I'm a professional!

Okay, enough whining about my headers and blog design. By the way, can you tell I widened the text portion and overall look of this one? Putting my minimal HTML/Web design skillz to work. I have a broad range of minimal abilities!

Peace out!

1 comment:

AprilJ said...

Hmmm, I'm so lame that when I want a new look for my blog, I go to the cutest blog on the block and use one of their free templates :) Is that like using a mix for brownies? (something else I also do...)