Friday, March 5, 2010

Five O'Clock Friday: The BBC

In an attempt to be more organized about my blogging, I would like to start a new series of posts. I only have two days worked out in my head so far, so we'll see how this develops.

It's Friday! YEAH! And what do most people want to do after a long work week? Drink! Okay, I have to say that I am honestly not much of a drinker. You give me one glass of wine, and I'm pretty much done for the night. But on the rare occasion that I enjoy a cocktail, I'd like to share my wicked concoctions with you.

Back story...My brother and his wife enjoy going to the beach. They were engaged in Grand Cayman, honeymooned (despite the brother's broken foot) on a cruise, and have taken several other beach trips during their life together. On one of these such adventures, they were introduced to a new drink with a lot of old favorites. Last weekend they served it to me as a "dessert" after dinner. And I have to say it was quite delish!

So, after we finished a delicious soup dinner that my sister-in-law made, they asked if I wanted a BBC. I was like "what?" I mean, I know what BBC is....I've been to England. I really didn't want to watch BBC though (they only get BBC America), and I really didn't know what they meant by do you want a BBC? Weren't they missing a prepositional phrase?

But what Joey meant by that was "do you want a drink that I call a BBC?" So, what is a BBC?

Its simple - Baileys, Banana, Coloda

Ingreadients:
1 batch of Pina Colodas (including rum - see below for ideas)
2 shots of Baileys Irish Cream
1 whole banana

Directions: Mix pina colodas in blender. Add Baileys and banana and blend until smooth.

How to make a pina coloda:
Easy way, buy a concentrated mix in the frozen juice section at your local grocer. It will tell you how much rum to add. OR....I found this homemade version online:

Ingredients:
3 measures dark rum
3 tablespoons coconut milk
3 tablespoons crushed pineapple

Directions: Place the ingredients in an electric blender. Add two cups of crushed ice and blend at high speed for 30 seconds. Strain into a tall tumbler and serve with a straw.

The bro and sis-in-law have totally sold me on BBC's. They are quite yummy as an after dinner drink! And honestly, the alcohol content is pretty mild, so you won't get sloshed!

Remember...drink responsibly, and DON'T drink and drive!

No comments: