Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm dreaming tonight....

A few days ago I posted about my 30th birthday coming up. Is it too early to make public my wish list? Honestly, the desire for my wish list stems from a book I am reading right now. (Which accidentally was recommended through a series of emails where I was questioning a male friend's addiction to The Bachelor.)

Anyway, while reading this book, my sometimes passion of photography started creeping up again. Here's the dilemma. The lovely camera my parents bought me several, several years ago broke in one of my moves. Darn! So all I have is a tiny little cybershot, which does not take artistic pictures. And I've borrowed my dad's super awesome, high-tech digital SLR before, but its way too complicated for me.

I'm going on these trips in the next few months:

Next week = New Orleans
May = Fort Worth
July = Canada & New England

I must have a camera! Okay, so I probably won't have a camera by next week. But at least I can borrow one of my dad's. (He just doesn't know it yet.) And I can still probably borrow it for my photo series I want to do in Fort Worth. But come July...come my big road trip up north...I want a nice, but not too complicated, digital SLR.

Just think of all the things I could do with it! I could take framable pics of Will and Maggie! I already have a Christmas idea that I could do for my dad. I could improve the photos I post on my two blogs! The possibilities are endless!

So, in my whining and pleading in this post...I'm hoping that it will somehow make its way through the World Wide Web to birthday present givers every where. Or maybe two specific birthday givers that might actually read this. (I totally use my blog to suggest to folks what I want without just emailing them a link to the actual item...which I have been known to do in the past. Talk about a brat!)

Seriously though, I am going to start saving up for a camera. Though I know I won't be able to save enough by the time I take my trip this summer. So, if all else fails, maybe I can keep borrowing cameras from my dad until I can save enough to buy my own. But in the meantime...here are three cameras that I, in my uninformed, amateur photo option, am dreaming about....

Nikon D3000 SLR with 18-55mm VR Lens

Canon EOS Rebel XS with 18-55mm IS Lens

Olympus E-System E-520 w/ 14-42mm & 40-150mm Lenses


PS - I really don't need an expensive, uber nice SLR. It would be too complicated for me to use. I just need something simple, practical, but with the ability to get cool shots! : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally just bought the first camera on your list (the Nikon). I've only had it for a week, but I'm pleased so far! You should get it...it's a great investment..or at least that is what I keep telling myself. andrea

Sher said...

Do you mind me asking where you bought it?